In the colony No. 64/51 in the town of Karshi, Kashkadarya province, a prisoner Komiljon Rasulov is in grave condition. Witnesses reported that prison wardens split soles of his feet with repeated truncheon blows. Several times he was forced under threat of death to descend into the toilet pitch, which is located in the courtyard of the prison (the sewage system inside the building has not been functioning for a while). He can hardly move due to excruciating pain. Such was the punishment for reading Namaz (a Muslim prayer).
Rasulov Komiljon Khakimovich, born 7 October 1971. Citizen of Uzbekistan, born in the city of Tashkent, married, with two children. According to law enforcement organs, he is a member of “Hizb-ut-Tahrir” He was arrested on 4 March 2001 and sentenced by Tashkent city court under Article 159 Criminal Code (CC) of the Republic of Uzbekistan (RUz) Part 3 Section B (encroachment against constitutional order committed by organized group) and Part 1 Article 244-2 CC RUz (creation, leadership, participation in religious extremist, separatist, fundamentalist or other banned organizations); sentenced to 18 years in jail; serves his term in the strict regime colony 64/51.
Komiljon Rasulov’s case demands urgent intervention by the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture and by the International Red Cross.
According to the witnesses who approached our organization, the inmate Rasulov is being tortured in order to be driven to suicide. Lately such practice has become widespread in the penitentiary system of Uzbekistan.
Association “Human Rights in Central Asia” addresses itself to all parties concerned, all organizations and mass media with a pressing request to turn their attention to Komiljon Rasulov’s case and to send statements to the authorities of Uzbekistan at the addresses provided below:
- President of Uzbekistan, Islam Abduganiyevich Karimov, ul. Uzbekistanskaya 43, Rezidentsia prezidenta, 700163 Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, Fax: +998 71 139 53 25, E-mail: email@example.com;
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic Uzbekistan Elyor Majidovich pl. Mustakillik 5; 700029 Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, Fax: +998 71 139 15 17, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights, Sayora Rashidova, ul. Xalqlar Dostligi 1, 700035 Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, and Fax: +998 71 139 85 55, E-mail: email@example.com
- General Prosecutor of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Rashidjon Hamidovich Kodirov, ul. Gulyamova 66, 700047 Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, Fax: +998 71 133 39 17, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Centre for Human Rights, Senator Akmal Saidov Natsionalny, Tsentr po pravam cheloveka, Mustakillik Maidoni 5/3, 700029 Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, Fax: +998 71 139 13 56 / 45 16, E-mail: email@example.com
- Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the United Nations in Geneva, PO Box 1853, 1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland, Fax: +4122 799 43 02, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Источник: Ассоциация "Права человека в Центральной Азии"
16, rue de Docteur Leroy,
72000 Le Mans France;